The Pharmaceutical Micronizer is the world’s most popular jet mill reviewed and accepted by the USDA. So there are many reasons why a company might choose the Pharmaceutical Micronizer to jet mill their active pharmaceutical ingredients and excipients, but to make it easy for you, Sturtevant listed the top ten reasons below:
- USDA Design: Engineered specifically for sanitary applications. Common materials such as orals, injectables, inhalers, topicals, antibiotics, nutritionals, steroids, vitamins and more
- Guaranteed Results: Consistently produces particles as small as 0.25 microns
- Narrow Particle Size Distribution: Ability to control and create a narrow Particle Size Distribution for more predictable performance
- Increased Surface Area: Increases surface area of materials improving dissolution rate leading to better reactivity and absorption (bioavailability)
- No Heat Generated: Operates by particle-on-particle attrition to grind
- Zero Contamination: No dead zones to trap material, no grinding media or lubrication to contaminate milled products
- Simplistic Design: Low maintenance with no moving parts, requires no tools for adjustments
- Easy to Clean & Sterilize: Disassembles by hand even in a glovebox isolator
- FDA Validation: Installation, Operational and Performance Qualification IQ/OQ/PQ Documentation available
- Flexibility: Low batch size through production size machines with throughput capacities from 1/8 to 300 lbs. an hour, and a wide variety of wear resistant liners, coatings, and polish options
1-Volume of free air at 60°F (16°C), 14.7 psi compressed to 100 PSIG. Includes air consumed by feed injector nozzle.
2-Brake HP necessary to generate 100 PSIG compressed air.
Larger sizes are available.
Sturtevant, Inc. is the leading family-owned manufacturer of material processing equipment including its patented Micronizer® jet mill which produces sub-micron sized particles, FCM an air-swept impact mill with integral classifier, Simpactor® and Infestroyer, centrifugal, pin-type impact mills and three types of high performance air classifiers that separate fine and coarse particles with precision and accuracy. Founded in 1883, Sturtevant was an early pioneer in size reduction, jet milling, micronization and air classification. The company introduced early versions of the jet mill and air classification systems. Sturtevant custom engineers its mills to suit the widest range of applications, extending beyond the traditional mineral processing markets into chemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, pigment, food and aggregate industries.