Highly efficient Biofuel Filtration and separation of clarified biodiesel from the transesterified vegetable oil using a magnesium silicate dry wash procedure produces diesel fuel, capable of meeting or exceeding ASTM-D6571 requirements. Pilot scale filters and testing are available on site, or in the Ertel Alsop labs.
In the Dry Washing Step, impurities are adsorbed onto the magnesium silicate. Purified biodiesel liquid must then be separated from the solid dry wash adsorbent which is loaded with impurities. Following a final filtration, the clarified biodiesel will then be ready for storage. The solid by-product containing glycerin may be reprocessed or sold for a variety of uses including animal feed, fertilizer and soap.
Large batch Biodiesel plant filtration applications are most cost-effectively served by ErtelAlsop ‘s EA-Series Recessed Chamber Filter Press technology.
EA-Series Biodiesel / Dry Washing Filter Press Units are available in a range of sizes. Every EA-Series Filter Press is engineered for peak performance in the specific biodiesel plant it is commissioned for.
Available with Recessed Chamber, or Diaphragm Squeeze Plates, and able to accommodate a wide variety of cloths, this line offers cake volumes from 0.5-300 cubic feet. Options such as plate shifters, automatic hydraulic closures and mobile cake carts are also available.
The Format to Fit Your Needs
As with all ErtelAlsop presses, filter media is available for any application and/or operating condition, and is chosen based on your specific operating conditions. ErtelAlsop offers the widest varieties of filter media and construction techniques to provide good particle retention, clear filtrate, high flow rates, and dry filter cakes.
Recessed Chamber Filter Press
Information Needed to Quote a Press
- Type of slurry to be processed
- Amount of slurry to be processed in a given amount of time expressed in either:
- Gallons per minute, per hour, per day, or per week, or
- Pounds of dry solids per time period.
- Number of hours per day, and days per week the process will operate.
- % solids in slurry.
- Specific gravity of slurry if available
- Process operating temperature
- Density in lb./ft3 of wet filter cake if available
- % dry solids desired in filter cake (by weight)
- Chemical conditioning amounts if required (D.E., etc.)
- Will press be located inside or outside, and at what temperature extremes?
- Desired cake thickness (Std. is 32mm -1 1/4”)
- Desired cycle time
- Desired closure & control automation: (Specify- Manual, Semi-Automatic or Automatic)
- Other: (Please specify from the options menu)
ErtelAlsop filter cloth can be ordered and converted to fit any manufacturer’s filter press, no matter the size or shape. ErtelAlsop makes sure that all filter cloth for filter press systems are carefully selected and optimized, per their laboratory filtration trials, to provide good particle retention, clear filtrate, high flow rates, and dry filter cakes.
At ErtelAlsop the type of filter cloth chosen for your filter press is based on your specific operating conditions, the performance required by the filtering media, and criteria given by you and/or by sample processing done in the ErtelAlsop lab of your slurry.
Filter cloth comes in a variety of different materials including:
Filter cloth is constructed from woven and non-woven materials:
Spun staple yarns
The tools you need for biofuel processing
Let the SepSol team help match your needs to the quality solutions and equipment by ErtelAlsop.