Benefiting from more than six decades of powder handling experience, Frewitt Milling and Powder Handling Solutions is one of the world’s leading dry mill manufacturers. Frewitt develops and manufactures milling and sizing equipment for the pharmaceutical, food and fine chemical industries. Their areas of expertise include; crushing, milling, sieving, homogenization, deagglomeration and handling of all kinds of powders. In addition to the actual sizing itself, the machines can be used to change the grain size distribution, grain surface or density as well as to improve mixing properties. Frewitt’s robust designs are engineered with longevity, ease of use, and clean-ability in mind.
Milling & Grinding
Frewitt Milling and Powder Handling Solutions strives to maintain a close working relationship with our customers which serves as the basis for continuous development and improvement of our products and services. We will proudly share our expertise and experience with customers so that the solution we recommend is based on each customer’s specific feed material and end product requirements. Their product line includes the following plus more:
The Frewitt FreDrive, an innovative technology combining multiple, milling processes in a single, milling platform dedicated to the pharmaceutical, chemical and food products industries.
Advantages and features of the FreDrive include:
- MODULARITY – A distinctly avant-garde, modular concept: FreDrive allows you to alternate, depending on your production requirements, between 5 milling heads for size-specific crushing, fine grinding, de-agglomeration, or controlled sifting.
- FLEXIBILITY – Incomparable versatility: FreDrive allows you to adapt your milling platform easily and quickly, to suit your current or future production requirements, regardless of your manufacturing environment or production site.
- PERFORMANCE – Enhanced by a factor of 5: FreDrive proves its capabilities with the same degree of flexibility across the entire range of your processing needs, from small batch to large-scale production.
The five milling heads; the conical sieve mill, cylindrical sieve mill, oscillating mill, hammer mill and pin mill are all integrated into a single equipment, making the FreDrive-Lab extremely efficient and cost-effective. A limited footprint and simple electrical connection facilitates the integration in all existing labs.
Advantages and features of the FreDrive-Lab include:
- The equipment was designed for and in collaboration with, the pharmaceutical, food, cosmetic and fine chemical industries
- 5 milling processes in a single system ( conical sieve mill, cylindrical sieve mill, oscillating mill, hammer mill and pin mill )
- Simple, flexible and upgradable, thanks to the device’s modular concept
- Reduction of particle size D90 <20 microns
- Production rate of 50gr to 30 kg/h ( depending on the treated product )
- Scale-up guarantee with our production equipment FreDrive
- Milling heads available in ATEX zone 1-21
- 5” Touchscreen
- Alarm monitoring
- Configuration of the machine via Touchscreen Setup
- Intuitive, user-friendly and powerful HMI program in 3 languages ( FR / DE / EN ), for the easy adjustment and validation of the milling process
- HammerWitt-Lab with dosing system directly integrated at the inlet of the milling head
The oscillating and rotating OscilloWitt-6 and OscilloWitt-3 sieve mill is used for the gentle milling and deagglomeration of heat-sensitive and difficult-to-process products to finenesses up to 250 µm. The novel concept of the OscilloWitt allows “Frewitting” (sizing) with even more advantages. Thanks to the continuously variable oscillatory or rotary rotor motion, the constant uniform speed and force application, the product is milled gently and with a very uniform grain-size distribution (low fraction of fines).
- Particle Size Range – Up to 250 µm
- Throughput min/max – Up to 9000 kg/h
- Density – Up to 2kg/dm3
- Temperature Range Product – From -20°C bis +60°C
- Particle Size Range – 30cm – 2cm
- Throughput min/max – Up to 3000kg/h