Cantel better serves medical & industrial customers by supplying high-quality water treatment equipment with their Cantel, GE Medical, GAMBRO & Biolab line of products, while providing proven filtration and disinfection technologies through their FiberFlo® Filters and Minncare® & Actril® Cold Sterilant brands.
The success of Cantel, as well as the success of their customers has been based on the principle of providing Competent, Consistent & Compliant product and services. They welcome the opportunity to meet your toughest demands while continuing to provide outstanding customer service.
Clean Room Technology
Dry Fog Technology
Minncare® Dry Fog Technology system provides an easy to use, high technology solution for clean room and critical area Bio-Decontamination. The combination of their highly effective Minncare® Cold Sterilant chemical and their state of the art Dry Fog 2 delivery system enables users to rapidly and safely deliver Minncare® vapor to even the most complex areas. Its sanitary and autoclavable design will permit its use in the most critical areas within pharmaceutical and other industries concerned with maintaining the utmost levels of sterility. The location and action of the dry fog head at the highest point of the equipment allows for rapid vapor dispersion and ensures that the most distant areas are reached effectively.
Dry Fog System Advantages
- 100% Coverage The Minncare® Dry Fog equipment is designed to produce fine droplets that average 7.5 microns in diameter, which will ensure even dispersion of the Minncare® solution throughout the room. These small droplets will tend to bounce off of hard surfaces and thus avoid excessive condensation, corrosion and surface wetting issues associated with systems producing larger droplets.
- Lower Capital Costs The system is easily adaptable to differing room dimensions and configurations and can be adjusted to suit any room height. It is readily transportable and can be used in multiple locations, needing only a compressed air source to operate. It will deliver an adequate solution quantity to rooms up to 35,000 ft3 (1000 m3 ). Beyond this size, multiple machines may be required.
- Ease of Validation Minncare® is a peracetic acid and hydrogen peroxide based proprietary chemistry developed by Medivators for optimized biocidal efficacy. It is registered by the EPA for use as a fog to enhance existing cleaning and disinfection process. Minncare® Dry Fog is used by hundreds of FDA audited Pharma Companies.
- Environmentally Friendly The Dry Fog System utilizes Minncare® , a fully biodegradable sporicide that will leave no measurable air residuals once the room has been fully ventilated. Minncare® contains only pharmaceutical quality raw materials, limiting the introduction of any undesirable components into the clean room environment.
- Reduced Time & Labor The lack of toxic aldehyde vapors results in extremely short process times—over 95% faster than some conventional systems. This means less production downtime and lower total costs. Typically, the entire process can be completed in less than 3 hours, depending upon room size and ventilation system efficiency, compared to up to 3-5 days with some conventional systems.
Minncare Cold Sterilant
Minncare® HD FDA 510(k) Cleared Disinfectant: Minncare HD is the first chemical disinfectant to receive an FDA 510(k) clearance for the disinfection of water purification systems for hemodialysis. Minncare HD is a peracetic acid solution developed specifically for use on hemodialysis reverse osmosis (RO) membranes and their associated distribution systems. Peracetic acid formulations were developed by Minntech Corporation (Medivators Inc.) in 1976 and are currently being used in a wide variety of applications. Cantel Purification distributes Minncare HD Disinfectant throughout the renal community.
Minncare® HD TestStrips Minncare HD Test Strips provide quick results with easy-to-read indicators with the assurance of accurate results associated with a 510(k) medical device. Use the Minncare HD 1% TS Test Strips as a pass/fail measurement for adequate concentration of sterilant after dilution. Then verify residual levels after rinse-out using Minncare HD Residual Test Strips. Minncare HD Peracetic Acid Test Strips represent the leading brand of test strip technology. Designed for hemodialysis applications, these test strips combine ease-of-use with precise results. Both the Minncare HD 1% Indicator Test Strips and Minncare HD Residual Test Strips may be used up to and including the last day of the month indicated by the expiration printed on the container.
Hollow Fiber Cartridge Filters
FiberFlo® Hollow Fiber Cartridge Filters The unique membrane structure of FiberFlo HF Filters provides consistent and verifiable pyrogen removal that surpasses traditional, absolute-rated membrane filters. High-level endotoxin, bacteria, and spore removal make these point-of-use filters ideal for a variety of water purification or process fluid applications. This most advanced of filtration technologies also provides high flows with high filter efficiency for savings in system design.
FiberFlo® Crossflow Filters FiberFlo TF 1680 Cartridges are made using the unique polysulfone hollow fiber membranes available only from Cantel. The TF Cartridge is available in a pore size of 0.1μm and 0.05μm, 0.2μm & 0.45μm pore sizes are available for pre-assessment. Ideal for separation and purification applications, the polysulfone fibers have a graded pore size structure with a “skin” on the inside of the fibers. Fluids, even with varying viscosities, flow easily through the center of the fibers (inside the lumens) with the skin resistant to fouling by materials in the fluids.
High Purity Water Systems
Single Skid High Purity USP Water System – VPure 4400H® The VPure 4400H is a value designed USP grade water system for use in bacteria controlled applications in the Life Science market. The system is a compact centralized hot water sanitizable RO system and distribution system with an option for Service DI (SDI) or Electrodeionization (EDI) to polish the RO permeate to USP purified water grade. Energy saving features have been included to minimize the impact on the environment.