Piab designs innovative vacuum systems that improve the energy-efficiency, productivity, and working environments of vacuum users around the world. As a reliable partner to many of the world’s largest manufacturers, Piab develops and manufactures a complete line of vacuum pumps, vacuum accessories, vacuum conveying and suction cups for a variety of automated material handling and factory automation processes. Piab utilizes COAX®, a completely new dimension in vacuum technology, in many of its original products and solutions. COAX® cartridges are smaller, more energy efficient and more reliable than conventional ejectors, and can be integrated directly into machinery. This allows for the design of a flexible, modular vacuum system.
Vacuum Conveyors For Powder & Bulk
Food Grade ConveyorpiFLOW F is a food grade conveyor widely used in the industry where food grade quality is a demand. It has a high throughput performance as well as a small foot print. The piFLOW food grade conveyor is often used as an alternative to mechanical conveyors when there is a requirement for dust free conveying or low maintenance. Another advantage is that the pump is based on COAX® technology which is the most energy efficient way to produce vacuum. Capacity up to 4 tons/h. Their food grade conveyors are designed with a Stainless Steel body (ASTM 304) and seals in direct product contact zones that are in compliance of FDA to meet the demands of industrial food grade applications. A Piab food grade conveyor is ATEX Dust compliant. Vacuum is used with great advantage in order to convey dry powder products through dedicated pipe systems. Piab’s vacuum conveying systems are built of strong components of high quality. Their objective is to offer solutions that help our customers raise their productivity. Typical Applications:
- Powder and granules transfer
- Mill/sieve/mixer/blender filling
- Tablet/fragile transfer
- Big Bag loading and unloading
- Applications in explosive atmosphere
Industrial Pneumatic ConveyorThe piFLOW I is a industrial pneumatic conveyor widely used in the general industry and sometimes in the chemical industry. It has a high throughput performance as well as a small foot print. This conveyor is often used as an alternative to mechanical conveyors when there is a requirement for dust free conveying or low maintenance. Another advantage is that the pump is based on COAX® technology which is the most energy efficient way to produce vacuum. Capacity up to 4 tons/h. The general industry often handles abrasive powders that require specially designed equipment.
Premium Conveyor – piFLOW PPiab’s premium pneumatic conveyor is designed with a Stainless Steel body (ASTM 316L) and meet the very high hygienic demands of FDA. A Piab pneumatic conveyor is ATEX Dust compliant. Typical applications are powder and granules transfer, form-fill-seal machines, big bag loading and unloading, drum/bag filling and emptying, mill/sieve/mixer/blender filling, tablet/fragile products transfer, applications in explosive atmosphere, hygienic applications or places where space is at a premium.
Tablet Conveyor — piFLOWtpiFLOW®t will together with piGENTLE™ automatically convey tablets or capsules without breaking or chipping thanks to a controlled low and constant speed, guided entry and the elimination of all sharp edges. Those are the keys to our success, ensuring that tablets handled with great care in our conveyor. Return on investment will be affected positively both thanks to the automation of a normally manual process and also through a decreased amount of waste due to chipped products
Compact / StackableCompact/stackable vacuum pumps are air-driven multistage ejector families, based on COAX® technology, that come with integrated controls and special functions, such as on/off valve, blow-off valve, vacuum switch, energy saving function etc.. They are configurable platforms, making it easy to specify the exact control functions needed for the system.
- Configurable vacuum ejector based on COAX® technology with integrated controls, developed for robotic handling applications.
- Optimized design for high reliability, flexibility, high vacuum flow and fast cycle times.
- High speed valves with adaptive PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) to reduce heat generation and further improve reliability.
- Energy Saving (ES) function with adjustable hysteresis, Automatic Condition Monitoring (ACM) and Automatic ES Level Determination (ALD).
- User-friendly GUI (Graphical User interface), no risk for setting up part present signal, ES level and hysteresis incorrectly. Analogue and digital outputs available.
- Cleanable and replaceable filter element.
- piCOMPACT®10X to be selected for smaller vacuum systems, such as removal of small plastic parts from molds with cups and pick-and-place of electronic components.
- piCOMPACT®23 to be selected for medium or larger vacuum systems, such as palletizing of boxes and loading, sorting, transfer and unloading of different sheet materials.
- Slim package (0.3937 inch width) and lightweight thanks to high-performance plastic parts.
- High operational reliability, in case of fluctuating or low compressed-air pressure.
- Large vacuum flow in relation to energy consumption and dimensions.
- Quick response time when deep vacuum is needed.
- Vacuum non-return valve (option).
- Blow-off check valve included.
- Cleanable and replaceable filter element.