With extensive experience in material handling within the Pharmaceutical, Food and Chemicals industries, Piab is now extending its offering in Additive Manufacturing industry.
Piab’s innovative vacuum conveying technology is a well suited to solve challenges related to Additive Manufacturing such as safe handling of hazardous materials or easy transfer of materials to and from the printer. Their vacuum conveyors are ideal for filling a printer with metal powders, reclaiming or cleaning excess material from the printers post-production, and filling or emptying metal powders to and from adjacent equipment such as a sieve or a powder container. Vacuum technology can handle high density materials and transfer them with speed and reliability.
For Additive Manufacturing applications, Piab’s piFLOW®p is an excellent choice. It is ATEX certified and comes with variety of accessories and possible configurations to meet the needs of the industry. Recommended configurations for Additive Manufacturing are:
- piFLOW®p 3 liter with a 200 pump, PLR02 filter and conveying line 32mm
- piFLOW®p 3 liter with a 400 pump, PLR04 filter and conveying line 32mm or 38mm
Recommended accessories are a feed nozzle, a feed adapter and a module to fit the receiver. Moreover, Piab offers solutions for inert gas applications, compact conveyors as well as other suitable accessories.
- Enclosed system improving operator safety
- Automated handling of powders
- Safe handling of hazardous materials
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Filling printer with metal powder
- Reclaiming powders from the printer
- Cleaning excess material from the printer
- Filling or emptying powders to and from adjacent equipment (sieve, powder container)
SPEED & RELIABILITY IN ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING
Learn more about implementing Piab solutions in your 3D processes.
Our SepSol Team of Application Engineers can help!